Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA – Orange CT
At Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA we provide a variety of accounting and tax services to both individuals and businesses. For over 25 years we have been serving small and medium sized businesses and individuals on all spectrums of the income scale. We give the same attention to all clients, no matter how large or small. The accounting, tax planning and preparation, and other financial services we provide are tailored to the unique needs of each client. We are well-informed and continually adapt to the ever-changing world of tax law and accounting.
From our previous experience in other firms, we at Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA realized that most small and closely held businesses did not receive the attention they deserved from their accounting firms. We are dedicated to our small business clients to provide them with the services they need to be successful.
At Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA we treat our clients with courtesy and integrity. Our years of experience and expertise ensure that your tax preparation is in good hands. Our consistent track record of uncompromising ethics instills confidence and trust.
As such, we are happy to offer a risk-free initial consultation at no charge.
Tax Services for Individuals and Businesses in Orange, CT
When it comes to running a business, few things cause more headaches than realizing that you missed out on valuable tax savings or have an unexpected tax bill. Every day we work with businesses and individuals to enable the effective use of strategies that reduce and manage tax liabilities. After working with us, you will have tax planning that ensures you stay in compliance while minimizing your tax burden.
We offer a range of tax compliance and preparation services to individuals, closely held and middle-market businesses, including, but not limited to:
- Income tax preparation for closely held businesses is an opportunity for Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA to work with you to identify all areas where deductions and tax savings are available. We provide timely tax services to businesses…with a personal touch. Our goal is to save you money and help you keep more of what you earn. This is what we have practiced for over 25 years.
- We don’t wait until April to talk taxes with our clients. Every day of the year, we help businesses develop strategies to keep more of what they earn. When it comes time to file your return, you can trust that you’re only paying taxes on the money you have to...and that you’ve protected your company’s bottom line with smart choices throughout the year.
- Like you, we’re interested in your business’s success over the long term, so we help you identify and implement tax planning strategies that make the best use of your money. More profits in your hands means more investment, more employees, or maybe just a chance to take a vacation now and then.
- Put Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA tax expertise to work for you. Tell us your business goals for the next quarter, the next year, or the next decade, and we’ll develop strategies to get you there. With regular consultations that keep you up to date about opportunities in the marketplace and risks that need to be managed, you’ll understand why we treat every season like tax season.
- Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA will work hand-in-hand with executors, trustees and administrators to prepare formal and informal accountings, resolve creditor claims, and identify assets. We will prepare federal and state Trust and Estate tax returns as required.
Accounting and Business Services
At Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA we are proactive when it comes to saving your business money. Our accounting services provide the vital information needed to make day-to-day business decisions. From business planning and formation, to bookkeeping and financial statement compilation, effective accounting is the way your business stays profitable. We offer a range of services to individuals, closely held and mid-sized businesses, including, but not limited to:
- Compiled Financial Statements
- New Business Formation & Entity Selection
- Software Selection & Implementation
- Business Plans & Projections
- Forecasts & Projections
- Retirement Plan Selection
- Payroll Tax Compliance
- Litigation Support
Today’s business environment is subject to change without notice. With proper planning and the right tools, you can weather the hard times and be ready to thrive. We at Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA know the business landscape and can help you identify risk, strategize for growth, and achieve your financial goals. We are available to answer your questions or address your concerns at any time.
When you partner with Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA we work with you to facilitate smarter financial decisions, one step at a time. For all your financial business ventures, we invite you to get in touch with us to create a platform for success.
- If you’re not sure what legal entity selection to make for your new business (sole proprietor, “S” corporation, partnership, limited liability company…) we can help you choose the best fit for your business based on your financial needs and discuss the pros and cons of each applicable entity type. When you work with us, we review every option to make the appropriate selection to best address your taxes, business expenses, and other financial concerns.
- We will help you present all necessary information and minimize the stress of obtaining a loan for your new business. We can assist in preparing a loan proposal that will give your business the best chance of securing financing.
- Our business consulting services are designed to add value and help you avoid missteps throughout every stage of the business cycle.
IRS Representations by Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA
At Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA we take the lead in IRS matters so you don’t have to be distracted. Not only do we handle all communications with the agency, but we drill down to identify the IRS issue at hand and resolve it as quickly and as economically possible.
The IRS has a number of notices they send to taxpayers for a variety of reasons. Some require no action, while others require a prompt and clear response from tax experts who speak the agency’s language, and know how to properly handle their inquiries. If the IRS insists on an audit, we’ll be there with you every step of the way.
As a client of Rodney P. Kaufman, CPA you can count on the high level of service and consultation you should expect from your CPA. As a new client seeking help with an IRS matter, trust us to treat your financial health and well-being with the same care we would show a family member in the same situation. Don’t let an IRS notice turn into an IRS nightmare. We will work out the issue and solve your tax problem.
QuickBooks is the ideal business accounting software for small to mid-sized business owners. Here are a few reasons why you should be using QuickBooks:
- You save time on bookkeeping and paperwork. Many simple bookkeeping tasks are handled automatically, making it easier to run your business.
- You can easily generate the reports with the information you need, so you always know where your business stands. You instantly know whether you're making money and whether your business is healthy.
- You save money because QuickBooks is so affordable. You can use it to run a $5 million or a $25 million business for a few hundred dollars. Accounting software is truly one of the great bargains in business.
- You can customize QuickBooks to work for your business. QuickBooks is specifically designed to be flexible and adaptable for a wide range of small and mid-sized businesses.
- You’ll get paid faster with QuickBooks payments. E-mail an invoice or statement with QuickBooks Online Billing, and your customer can easily pay you with a credit card or bank account transfer. No more waiting for the check in the mail.
- You can pay your bills and handle your banking online. Set up your current bank account in QuickBooks and you're ready to pay your bills without envelopes, stamps, or printed checks.
Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial configuration and installation can be tricky. Save hours of frustration by allowing us to correctly set up QuickBooks for you.
Once QuickBooks is set up and working properly, we can train you or your employees to properly operate QuickBooks for your business.
Employees in your accounting department will find comfort in knowing that the answers to their QuickBooks questions are only an e-mail or phone call away. E-mail and telephone support prevent many wasted hours of aggravation and embarrassment.
Whether you need to prepare your books for tax time, a financial review, or you just need to clean up some problem areas, you'll keep your QuickBooks running smoothly with our assistance.